There are six major phases of change in addiction recovery: precontemplation, contemplation, preparation, action, maintenance, and termination. Precontemplation is the first step, followed by contemplation, preparation, action, maintenance, and termination. Even while people can advance through these phases in the sequence shown above, it is typical for people to shift between stages, forward and backward, or to be in more than one stage at the same time.
What are the 4 phases of rehabilitation?
Complete Rehabilitation is divided into four stages.
- Raise your level of activity and protect the injury.
- Restore your motion.
- Restore your strength.
- Restore your function.
- Find the best treatment for you.
What are the five stages in recovery?
Despite the fact that there are five actual stages (Pre-Contemplation, Contemplation, Preparation, Action, and Maintenance), they can also be divided into “early,” “middle,” and “late” stages, depending on the stage of the process.
What are the phases of recovery?
Abstinence, repair, and growth are the three stages of recovery that are commonly seen.
What are the 5 components of rehabilitation?
Injury Rehabilitation is divided into five stages.
- Protected Reloading and Reconditioning.
- Phase 3. Sport Specific Strength, Conditioning and Skills.
- Phase 4. Return to Sports.
- Phase 5. Injury Prevention.
What are the 3 types of rehab?
Occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech therapy are the three primary modalities of rehabilitation treatment. Each type of rehabilitation has a specific aim in terms of assisting a person in reaching complete recovery, but they all have the same ultimate goal in terms of assisting the patient in returning to a healthy and active lifestyle.
What is the acute phase of recovery?
Injuries are considered acute when they occur within 4 days of the time of the accident and are considered chronic when they occur after 4 days. The body responds by causing inflammation (swelling), muscular spasms, and, in rare cases, inhibition (avoidance of contraction) of specific muscles in order to combat the infection.
What are the 4 dimensions of recovery?
A life in recovery is supported by four key dimensions:
- Wellbeing: Make well-informed, healthy decisions that are beneficial to your physical and mental health. Household: Have a stable and secure place to call home. To do this, engage in significant everyday activities such as work or school, volunteering, providing for your family, or being creative.
What are 4 of the 5 stages that an individual typically experiences in most change processes?
It is necessary to go through five stages of change: precontemplation, contemplation, preparation, action, and preservation. During precontemplation, there is no purpose to modify one’s conduct in the near term future.
What are the 7 steps of the cycle of addiction?
The seven steps are as follows:
- It all starts with the first use. Then there’s the experimentation, then the regular use, then the risky use, then dependency, then addiction, then crisis, then treatment.
What are the 7 principles of rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation Concepts and Principles
- Adaptation should be emphasized, as should abilities. The whole person should be treated, and time should be allocated for education. People-centered care should be provided.
What is the most difficult part of the rehabilitation process?
According to Hayward, the most challenging aspect of the rehabilitation process was the mental aspect rather than the physical aspect.
What are some rehab exercises?
- Lunge walking.
- Straight leg raise.
- Passive range of motion physiotherapy exercises for the knee.
- ACL reconstruction – protocol for physiotherapy following surgery.
- Calf stretch with belt (knee straight)
- Knee extension after surgery.
- Knee slides with belt.
- ACL reconstruction protocol for physiotherapy following surgery.